January 29, 2019
People often ask me which one I use (answer: Dubsado!)… but they often forget to ask the most important question: why I use it.
As a designer, Dubsado has been a great fit for me. I made the switch from Honeybook about a year ago, and I feel like Dubsado offers all the features I need to run a successful graphic design business.
BUT. Honeybook is still an amazing platform—and I actually believe it’s the best fit for event-centric businesses like wedding photographers, event planners, and florists.
They both share some incredibly helpful features:
– Email templates
– Online contracts and e-signatures
– Payment processing (so clients can securely pay with bank transfer or credit card online)
– Gratuity acceptance (cha-ching!)
– Project calendar
– Note-taking and checklists for each project
– Organized finances (you can even integrate with Quickbooks)
– Business statistics (booked leads, total income, etc.)
– Great support teams in case you need help
– Continual updates to make each platform even better!
Here’s what I love most about each platform:
So, which one is right for you? I can’t give you a final answer (only you know what you need to make your business run smoothly!)… but here’s my general consensus:
I would recommend Dubsado for:
– Stationery Designers
– Graphic Designers
– Virtual Assistants (or any other time-tracked jobs)
– Anyone with multiple brands
I would recommend Honeybook for:
– Wedding Planners
– Makeup Artists
– Visual Artists
Before you make a final decision, here are a few other platforms to consider. I haven’t tried these programs myself, but you should know your options! It’s possible that one of these platforms could also serve your needs well:
In the end, my best advice is to choose a platform and stick to it. They’re all well-designed and packed with incredible functionality. Learn to make the most of whichever platform best suits you, and don’t waste time with an unnecessary switch. It may appear that the grass is greener, but I believe either one can serve your business well!
*Note: this post contains affiliate links. I promise to only share products that I truly believe in, with as much transparency as possible.
Your message has been sent.
we will be in touch soon!