July 20, 2019
We all know the importance of an engaging website. Your website is where potential clients make decisions about working with you; they want to connect with you, learn about your offerings, and find out if your services are a good fit for their needs.
It’s important for site visitors to engage with your content. You want them feel a connection, click around, stay on your site… and ultimately, book your services.
So what can you do to strengthen that online connection? How can you lead potential clients one step closer to working with you?
The answer is: engaging content!
Engaging content can include anything from captivating imagery to helpful blog posts. But I challenge you to find creative ways to interact with your audience.
Today I want to share one way you can deliver helpful content, learn about your audience, and build engagement: an interactive website quiz!
Who doesn’t love an online quiz? I’m always the first to click: What’s your interior design style? Which wine matches your personality? What type of cheese are you? I have to know!
Quizzes also give you valuable insight into your clients: what are their goals? where are they struggling? A well-structured quiz can give you a glimpse into their needs—needs that you can solve by working together.
Here’s the good news: creating a website quiz is SO EASY! (Click here for a full tutorial)
I use Interact to create engaging content, learn more about my site visitors, and convert leads. Let me walk you through the process…
1. Brainstorm quiz topics. I made a list of relevant subjects that could help my audience and help me learn more about their needs. Then I broke down those broad subjects into possible quiz topics.
Interact allows you to create personality quizzes, scored quizzes, or assessment quizzes… so I tried to come up with a few ideas for each type of quiz.
I decided to create a quiz called “What is Your Creative Strength?” I thought my audience would enjoy this quiz, and their results would also help me cater future content toward their creative strengths and struggles.
2. Define your results. What are the possible outcomes for your quiz? I decided on 5 different outcomes. Each question in my quiz correlates to one of these 5 possible creative strengths.
3. Select a quiz template and customize. Interact offers a variety of pre-made templates that you can customize to suit your needs. I personally chose to “start from scratch”… but the interface is still incredibly easy, even without a template. I added my brand fonts and colors to give it a customized feel.
4. Create your questions. I chose to create my questions directly within the Interact builder. I wanted to find out more about how creative entrepreneurs perceive the world and approach problems, so I did a little brainstorming to think about how each of my 6 “Creative Strengths” would respond to different situations. For example, “I do my best work when…”
You can assign each answer to correlate with a result. For most of my questions, there was a 1:1 ratio: each answer had a specific Creative Strength in mind. However, Interact also allows for quiz answers to correlate to more than one result (this came in handy for a few questions!)
With Interact, you can also feature images or custom-made graphics. An extra visual component helps keep your audience engaged, and it adds a fun custom touch to your quiz.
For this quiz, I chose a straightforward personality test… but Interact also offers branching logic. I can only imagine the possibilities! Branching logic allows you to get super specific with your audience.
My website quiz was 10 questions long. This is probably on the longer side, but I felt it was needed to get a real feel for these results. You could easily create a website quiz with five questions or less, making it simple for your audience to engage with just a few clicks.
5. Reveal results. I chose to make my quiz results viewable right away: viewers have the option to add their email address (so I can send them more tips about creativity and creative entrepreneurship!), but they don’t have to… “Skip this step” is an easy option.
Upon submission, viewers are redirected to individual site pages that I’ve made for each Creative Strength. This allows me to more fully customize the experience with tailored content on my website—personalized for their Creative Strength.
I used Showit to create a simple landing page for my website quiz. Interact creates a simple embed form, so you can add it to your Showit website with just a couple of clicks—and it looks seamless with your design.
I also plan to put some quizzes on existing pages of my website (since you can embed the quiz right there on a site canvas!).
I’ll be marketing this one on Instagram and in a couple of my favorite Facebook groups. I have a feeling this will be a fun quiz for those groups!
Now that I have results from my audience, how can I put them to good use? First, I offer an incentive for quiz-takers to sign up for my email list if they want to receive more content. Now I can continue building our relationship and our like-know-trust factor through direct email messages that speak to their needs.
Interact makes it simple to connect your preferred email marketing system (for me, that’s Mailchimp!). You can even segment responses into separate lists. My quiz-takers are attributed to a “Creativity” tag, so that I can send them more details about that topic. Click here for a walkthrough on creating opt-ins.
Finally, you can use Interact analytics to track quiz results: how long did the quiz run? What are the most popular results? I’m just starting to see the quiz results aggregate, but I know that this will be a helpful tool to learn more about my audience—and about which quizzes perform best. Nerd alert: I love tracking this stuff! 🤓
So how can you implement a quiz on your own website? The possibilities are endless! Feel free to use any of the ideas listed below to kickstart your brainstorming:
For wedding industry:
– Which engagement photography location is right for you?
– Is a first look right for you?
– What are your dream wedding colors?
– What’s your wedding stationery style?
For creative entrepreneurs:
– What is your brand personality?
– Uncover your biggest business strength!
– What makes your business unique?
– Which type of entrepreneur are you?
– What’s your tax season IQ?
– How much do you really know about marketing?
You could also use an Interact quizzes to beta test product ideas or new service offerings (you can gauge interest, ask questions, and build an email list primed for your launch!).
You can enter code GOLDPARTNER15 for 15% off through July 31, 2019.
This post contains affiliate links to Interact quiz-building software… but I wouldn’t recommend it if I didn’t believe in it! I pinky promise to share affiliate links with honesty, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have.
Your message has been sent.
we will be in touch soon!