March 29, 2020
Are you taking classes on Skillshare? If you’re not, you should be! Skillshare is a learning platform with hundreds of online classes for creatives. It’s an invaluable resource, whether you are self-taught or expanding upon a formal education.
If you’ve been following along here for awhile, you know I believe this: as creatives, it is so crucial to continually hone our crafts. Developing our skills is the best way to serve our clients and nurture our own creative souls. Skillshare is an extraordinary way to gain access to renowned teachers and resources while sitting in your own home. (and we’re spending a lot of time sitting at home these days!)
I’ve been learning from Skillshare since college—and there are more classes popping up every day. This is one of my favorite ways to learn something new, hone my skills, and practice creativity… I have a feeling you’re going to love it too!
I’ve taken a lot of Skillshare classes over the years, and may even be teaching one soon! Based on my experience, I wanted to give you a list of classes I’ve found to be helpful in my own creative journey. Enjoy my list of best Skillshare classes for designers!
– Learn Adobe Illustrator // Daniel Scott
– Learn Adobe inDesign // Daniel Scott
– Learn Adobe Photoshop // Daniel Scott
– Procreate for Beginners // Teela Cunningham
– Illustrator: Pen and Pencil Tools // Dylan Mierzwinski
– Any Class by Martina Flor
– Any Class by Molly Suber Thorpe
– Any Class by Bryn Chernoff
– Hand Lettering Essentials // Mary Kate McDevitt
– Digitize Your Lettering with Adobe Illustrator // Kiley Bennett
– From Sketch to to Label: Package Design Lettering // Jon Contino
– Any Class by Bonnie Christine
– Any Class by Dylan Mierzwinski
– Classic Pattern Styles: Toile du Jouy // Bärbel Dressler
– How to Get a Fabric Contract: Tessie Fay
– Create a Portfolio with Adobe inDesign // Hope Johnson
3. Introduction to Book Cover Design: Making Stories Visual // Chip Kidd. Chip Kidd is a delight to watch—he manages to convey immense design expertise without taking himself too seriously. I’ve always loved his TEDTalk on this topic, and was so excited to see it come to Skillshare.
2. Advanced Techniques in Surface Pattern Design // Bonnie Christine. I am SO thankful I found Bonnie Christine on Skillshare years ago. This comprehensive class piqued my interest in art licensing and pattern design… and I’ve revisited it many times over the years when I need help. Bonnie has become my Mastermind leader and a trusted mentor—you’ll learn so much from her wisdom!
1. Lettering for Designers: One Dropcap at a Time // Jessica Hische. I’m still pinching myself over this one. I can’t believe we live in a world where I can learn directly from my design hero! Jessica Hische is the queen of type, and her classes are an opportunity to learn from the very best. Enjoy!
Let me know which classes you liked best… and let me know if I’m missing anything good! I love browsing for classes and learning something new.
Best Skillshare Classes for Designers // Sarah Ann Design
Your message has been sent.
we will be in touch soon!